Friday, April 9, 2010

A brick wall and a milestone.

A couple of weeks ago I hit a brick wall. Shows like Biggest Loser talk about this as a plateau, a section where the weight loss doesn't come easy and you have to fight through it. I was eating better, exercising more even walk/jogged a 5K and nothing made that needle move on the scale. Well I finally got it to drop this week and so I hope the plateau is over and I can keep on moving down.

The last 4 weeks have been terrible number wise. 304, 301, 300 and then 300 again (I put 299 in my record since the needle did dip below, but it wasn't totally conclusive). Well this week it finally started sinking. I haven't had my official Sunday morning weigh in yet, but I checked on Wednesday and it was 297 and then this morning was 295. Well enough below 300 that I could count it and not just a dip of the needle. I try not to weigh myself too often since I know it can fluctuate and you don't want to get yourself caught up in chasing 1 pound up, 1 pound down etc, but I couldn't help but check to see if I was under 300.

300 is a big hurdle for me.. I've been over 300 for a long time and at 295 I am now the lightest I've been since my freshman year in College in 1998. That's 12 years. Clothes I've been wearing for a long time are finally too big for me.

295 is also a big milestone because that means from the time I started keeping track in October of 2009 (345 pounds) I have lost 50 pounds! I had an interesting experience today at work, which I have read several places in the past. I had to get some ingredients to bring to the lab and so I went to the warehouse, tossed the 50 pound bag up on my shoulder and carried it halfway across the plant back to the lab. It was rough by the time I got up the stairs into the lab. That's the same 50 pounds I used to be carrying around my waist. Insane. I recommend you do this. Even if you haven't lost 50 pounds yet, see what it would feel like if you gained 10 or 20 or however much you can carry.

I posted a picture from my race in the last post, but when I looked at it compared to the picture of me at Disney World, (my profile pic) I wanted to post them again side by side as a comparison.

This picture is from May 2009, and I don't know how much I weighed here, but probably close to 340.
And this picture is from April 2010. Quite a difference in a year eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment