Sunday, March 7, 2010

Challenge Update

Two weeks into the weigh to win challenge and I've dropped 9 pounds. From 315 to 306. The interesting thing is how it's come off. The first week of the challenge, I didn't eat as well as I should, and was honestly expecting to gain weight. I managed a meager 2 pound drop down to 313. The second week I ate better, and really felt like I was gonna lose this week, but was still shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning to see it read 306. A 7 pound loss. That's the most I've ever lost in one week. Part of my goal for this challenge was to drop under 300 pounds and now I'm almost there. I don't expect another 7 pound loss, but in 2 weeks I could be there.

I want to share a recipe and get some opinions on it. I found this in Food Network magazine, and it's labeled as a "Low Fat Cheesecake" but while it is reduced, I'm not sure I would consider it low.

9 Whole Low Fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel Cream Cheese (this is the 30% reduced fat cream cheese)
2 8-ounce packages fat free Cream Cheese (I've never seen this)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 large eggs, plus 3 egg whites
2 table spoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon zest

Here's the nutrition facts (says it serves 14, which is a pretty small slice)
229 Calories, 11g fat (7g Sat), 61 mg Cholesterol, 319 mg Sodium, 24g Carbs, 0g Fiber, 11g Protein.

The article says it shaved 289 calories, and 21g fat off the average slice, so that would have been 32g of fat and 518 Calories. The Calorie reduction is major, over 50% less, but 11g of fat is still kinda high, but it is way better then 32. Obviously not something you could eat everyday, but a nice indulgence.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment