Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weigh 2 Win Challenge

Starting next Sunday, Feb 21st I will be starting a 12 week weight loss program through my works wellness program. I get a discount on my health insurance for participating in the wellness program, so it's good for the body and the wallet!

I got a little bit of a surprise this morning when I weighed in this morning at 310 pounds. I had noticed myself losing weight, I looked smaller in the belly and in the face, but I figured I was still hovering around 320. Back in October I was 345, so I've already made a big jump, losing 35 pounds in the last 4 months. Hopefully during this challenge I will dip below 300 pounds, the first time I'll be under 300 in about 10 years.

My overall goal is to weigh 220 pounds, or a loss of 125 pounds. My current BMI is about 45, which is in the "morbidly obese" range.. I think that's a little overkill, but still need to work on getting it down anyway.

According to the NIH BMI Calculator (which only takes into consideration Height and Weight), if I weighed 220, my BMI would be 29.0 which is still (surprisingly) on the high end of "Overweight". I think if my muscle mass, and bone structure were taken into account it wouldn't be that high since I think 220 would be a very healthy weight for me. Especially compared to 340/350.

Watch for weekly updates as I weigh in for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment